Don't these types of messages scare the **** out of you?

Subject: Don't these types of messages scare the **** out of you?
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:08:32 -0400

This is typical of the messages that my boss has been sending out to the
Network Operations Center, who just last week received my first draft of a
very complex run book that I've created. He's been doing this almost every
day.,

"NOC...please pay attention to the xxxx alerts - it looks like data has not
been flowing through the xxx interface. Are there any issues with xxxx?
Also, please check if the MSMQ for this interface has any data. (Details
should be in the run book)"

The part that scares me is the last part in parens...he never asked me if it
WAS in the book first.

gulp...shoot...3 months ago, I didn't know what an MSMQ even was!

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
"Be accurate...the 4am wakeup call you prevent could be your manager's"

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com