RE: Do choosy mother mothers choose GIF?

Subject: RE: Do choosy mother mothers choose GIF?
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:16:17 +0100

That reminds me of a funny story about pronounciation. My friend in PR
had just started contracting at a new software company. She didn't know
a whole lot about the technology, so she sat down to interview the CEO
to get a sense of the technology, marketplace, product, etc. She was
Canadian and he was Irish.

The interview went fairly well, and she learned a lot. However,
throughout the conversation, the CEO kept referring to "support for pam"
and how "pam software is an emerging market". He used the phrase as if
she should know what he was talking about. Though she was fairly well
versed in IT-speak, she had no idea what he was referring to.

Finally, she interupted him and asked him what this 'Pam' was. He held
out his hand, face up. "You know, pam. Like as in Pam Pilot". She had to
train the senior management how to say "palm" so that North Americans
could understand them.

This also reminds me of a Beta meeting I had with a South African, a
Bostonian and a Chinese person. We each pronounced "beta" like it was an
entirely different word. Thanks. DB.

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com