RE: Online Help for Pocket PC

Subject: RE: Online Help for Pocket PC
From: EBoulet -at- Exchange -dot- WebMD -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:33:28 -0400

Cyd asked:
> Does anyone out there have any useful web links for
> information regarding writing online help (html-based) for the Pocket PC?
> Also, any ideas on how to get screen shots from the Pocket PC
> device onto a desktop to be used in a hard-copy user guide?

Writing online help for Windows CE is quite simple. Below are some links
about Windows CE Help. Also, most books on developing Windows CE programs
also contain information about developing CE Help.

There are a number of emulator programs that will display your Pocket PC
screens on your PC. From there, you can use a standard screen capture
program to get pictures of the emulated Pocket PC screens. I use Virtual CE
from Bitbank Software (http://www.bitbanksoftware.com/VirtualCE.html) and
have been very happy with it. With Virtual CE, you can drive the Pocket PC
from your PC and alternatively display a shell (image of a Pocket PC device)
around the screen image. Also, the price is very reasonable.

Good luck

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/maintain/cehelp3.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn
ol/wce/maintain/solhpc.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnppc2k2/ht
ml/wincehelp.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wcehelp/htm
/_wcesdk_online_help_guide.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/developer/technicalarticles/onlinehelp.asp

http://www.mvps.org/htmlhelpcenter/tipsntrx.htm#HTML%20Help%20vs.%20WinCE%20
HTML-based%20Help

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/Sep/quickso.htm

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/01/CETools/CETools.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;q246733

http://www.componentone.com/ffhelp/PDFs/Win_CE.pdf

http://www.devbuzz.com/content/pocket_commando_004_pg2.asp

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com