Re: touchyfeely

Subject: Re: touchyfeely
From: "Owen" <owenf -at- mighty -dot- co -dot- za>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 02:18:26 +0100

sorry if this is late, but i'm on digest:

<snip>
If writers don't use a
process that is as clearly defined and repeatable as software development
can be, the work appears to be unfocussed and "touchy-feely".
</snip>

does anyone know of a good (and free) model, or something like a model,
which can be used to plan or quantify writing/revision projects? i know
this has probably been flogged, but i am thinking along the lines of project
management by the author that doesn't require learning/buying new tools. i
am a bit of a 'lone' writer but i do have the SMEs help. i just don't think
we have a great project management thing going on. our software development
cycle thing is similar.

for background, i work at home and deliver by email/ftp. we use pdf
commentary to proof etc, but we have a lot of revision time on any given
document.

its getting to the point that i want to shake my managers!

any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com