RE: Can you teach someone how to learn?

Subject: RE: Can you teach someone how to learn?
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:04:02 -0400

I don't think you can ... however, if you find someone who is eager to
learn, you can help them. If you COULD teach someone to learn, school
districts around the country, nay, the world, would be all over you!!!

What you're really asking for is the key to motivation.

If they WANT to learn, you can teach them. If they don't want to learn, all
you can do is waste your time.

IMHO, that is.

John

<snip>

>>But is it possible to teach someone who does not currently
>>know a product
>>how to learn it -- not teach then directly how to use it, but
>>teach the
>>skills it takes to learn it on their own

<snipped>

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com