Re: raison d'être

Subject: Re: raison d'être
From: "Debbie Molinaro" <dm -at- ptrail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:50:23 -0400

From: "Andrew Dugas" <dugas -at- intalio -dot- com>

> That reminds of one of the biggest doc gaps I know of, namely the lack of
> instructions for paper toilet seat covers in office/public bathrooms.
>
> Where does the flap go? No matter which way I try, as soon as the flap
hits
> the water the whole thing starts to get sucked into the bowl. If you don't
> sit down fast enough, to bodily hold the thing in place, it's as good as
> gone!

If the seat cover is pulled into the water it means the water level is too
low (or the bowl is bigger than the standard). Properly situated, the seat
cover should cover the seat (imagine that) and a portion of the flap should
rest on the surface of the water.

The thing that gets me is when the automatic flusher snatches your seat
cover as you turn around. (I once lost four seat covers that way...it wasn't
a good day.)

Tech writing tie-in:
There's a doc gap for the folks who set the water level AND for the folks
that set the sensitivity for the automatic flushers.

Debbie

The Paper Trail
Technical Documentation
www.ptrail.com

AUTHORINGTOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on upgrades.
Offer ends Oct 31, 02 (code: DTH102250). http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com