re: Word doc to Excel Spreadsheet

Subject: re: Word doc to Excel Spreadsheet
From: Greg Holmes <holmegm -at- attbi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 10:38:37 -0400

"Scarratt, Brian" <Brian -dot- Scarratt -at- Nextel -dot- com> wrote:

>Has anyone ever had to transfer the contents of a word document to an
>excel spreadsheet before? I haven't and would appreciate any advice or
>recomendations on where to find information on how to do this.

Is it tabular data? I just tried selecting an entire table in Word, then pasting it into Excel, and it produced logical results. Maybe this would work for you.

Do you want to do it programmatically? If the above works for you, you could just script Word and Excel through COM or whatever they are calling it now. There are examples of this kind of scripting all over the place ( here's one: http://www.borncity.com/WSHBazaar/). Not a 5 minute job (unless you find a preexisting script for exactly what you want) but doable.

HTH,

Greg Holmes

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com