RE: perils of job hunting

Subject: RE: perils of job hunting
From: Steve Shepard <STEVES -at- YARDI -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:31:54 -0700

m w writes:

> I was recently offered 2 jobs, and this morning, I
> chose which offer to accept.
>
> I wrote a very professional and gracious e-mail to the
> person whose offer I did not accept. In response, I
> received a rambling diatribe about how I am
> "unprofessional" and "set the project back 4 weeks".
> The e-mail basically closed with the suggestion that I
> am to blame if the project fails.

First of all, it's nice to hear someone actually having to turn a job down
these days.

Sounds like the person simply reacted and didn't bother to reread his/her
email before sending it (everyone that has ever done that, raise your
hands). Or maybe he/she is just an @ss. In either case, I say, "consider the
source" and move on. You probably made the right choice in refusing a job
there if this is the way this company handles things.

Steve Shepard
Technical Communications Manager
Yardi Systems, Inc.
819 Reddick Ave.
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
805.966.3822
steves -at- yardi -dot- com
www.yardi.com

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com