RE: Linux users who like Windows (was: Drafts and the larger lead ership picture)

Subject: RE: Linux users who like Windows (was: Drafts and the larger lead ership picture)
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:54:15 -0400

well, seems like none of the 3 camps is made of up people who want to use
the most
user-friendly, full-featured, widely-used applications. Gee, those must be
the Windows users.

[The above comment was made in response to this posting by my g/f who is a
programmer at an educational institution that doesn't do Windows]

<snip once more in an attempt to get to no more than 30 lines of quoted text
without losing the context of the posting>

>>The majority of Linux users fall into one of several camps.
>>
>>The first camp is the free software advocates, >>
>>The second camp is the open source advocates.>>
>>The third camp consists of people who simply want to try
>>something new.

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com