Re: My temp job --> This could be an opportunity in the making, no?

Subject: Re: My temp job --> This could be an opportunity in the making, no?
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:40:28 -0400

Just a quick note of thanks to those who responded to me privately. I don't
think it's really going to go anywhere professionally for me--and I'm
definitely not leaving the technical writing/editing field -- but it *is*
interesting, and I wouldn't mind adding the skills to my resume!

I appreciate your comments very much. Thanks, again,

Bonnie Granat
http://www.editors-writers.info

> Title: Streaming Media Encoder / Editor.
> Individuals will be responsible for encoding audio sources into both Real
> media
> and Windows media using proprietary Windows based software and audio
> processing
> system. Requires monitoring several audio events at one time for quality
and
> function. Also entails the editing and posting of completed files to FTP
and
> streaming media servers.

> There are a couple of weeks of training in which I'll work half-time, but
> then it goes full-time.
> Is anyone at all knowledgeable about this encoding business? It's at a
> company that delivers online corporate conference calls to investors.

FrameMaker-to-PDF TimeSavers Assistants let you enhance & automate navigation
in PDF doc sets (chapter tabs, next/prev chapter/pg, bookmarks, popup menus);
create interactive PDF forms, rollover popups; presentations: http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com