Re: Job Market In The Next 6 Months

Subject: Re: Job Market In The Next 6 Months
From: Tuples -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:02:40 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/02 5:56:04 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com writes:

> Just reporting what happened, relative to the "working
> but looking" definition that someone asked about. I
> really don't like or dislike your opinion. It just
> isn't especially relevant.
>
> However: They stopped working the last two weeks
> because there was no more work, no customers, no
> deadlines. Attempts to merge or be bought out had
> failed. Sales and Marketing were already gone. It was
> no more than being given 2-weeks notice and allowed to
> continue using the company phones and e-mail.

However, the post did not mention these additional facts. If I knew all the
facts, my reply would have been different. If the company was OK with it,
fine. It sounded to me like they stopped taking their job seriously when they
found out they were doomed.

I stand by my comment: If you learn your job is on the way out, it is morally
wrong to use the work day to find work. You are still on their dime and you
can/they can use their off time to search.

I guess I am alone in my opiion of what is right and wrong..

Bob

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com