Re: Drafts -- some people not clear on the concept...

Subject: Re: Drafts -- some people not clear on the concept...
From: Kelley <the-squeeze -at- pulpculture -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:04:10 -0400

At 01:13 AM 9/23/02 -0700, Andrew Plato wrote:

Now, if a boss walks into your cubicle and picks up a working copy - that's not a
draft. That's a work in progress, and then you would have an arguable point.

<snipped a sentence I happen to agree with>

Just a correction. Steven WAS talking about instances in which someone grabs a work in progress off his desk before HE says it is draft quality, to wit:

" Sun, 22 Sep 2002 10:17:24 -0700
From: Steven Oppenheimer <writer -at- writemaster -dot- com>

I'm not knocking the first way of doing things, apparently it works well for some people. But when managers grab a rough cut of a document off my desk before I tell them it's ready to be looked at -- well, if they're not happy, it's their own damn fault and not mine. My clients who are patient enough to wait until I say I have something to show them have invariably been pleased."

Kelley

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com