Linking to PDF destinations-poor man's help system

Subject: Linking to PDF destinations-poor man's help system
From: Shea Michael EXT <Michael -dot- Shea -dot- extern -at- icn -dot- siemens -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:36:12 +0200

OK, no one decided to tackle my HTML to PDF destination question. In the meantime I found my answer here: http://www.rdpslides.com/psfaq/FAQ00050.htm

Let's try another question.

First a background. As a suggestion to fill a quick and dirty need for a help system, I wanted to see if I can create a link from a software program to a specific named destination in a PDF file. For example, user is in the Widget Configuration window and clicks on help. Lo' and behold, this opens to the widget configuration procedure of my already existant manual. In the meantime I can create a more appropriate help system.

Anyone know what kind of syntax one would use to call a named destination in a Windows environment?

Michael Shea
XpressLink Documentation
c/o ICN AS BA ST2

Michael Shea
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 8179 9307-19, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: shea -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com