RE: Like I mean: "Grammar Stinks."

Subject: RE: Like I mean: "Grammar Stinks."
From: "Doug Grossman" <Doug -dot- Grossman -at- sas -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:25:53 -0400

Seen on this list in the past 24 hours (no names mentioned):

"So, far, I haven't got any errors in Word doing the same way u'd asked. I have either pasted the screenshots directly into Word, or dragged it into the location where I wanted to paste them. Have u encountered any specific problem yet?"

This is in no way meant to be a criticism of the person who posted it. They were being helpful, they are most likely very busy, and they probably only had limited time to deal with stuff not relating directly to their own work. Instead, it is meant to be an example that relates directly to our discussion regarding whether or not AOLspeak is creeping (and I do mean creeping slowly) into the language. My point is that, whatever the reason for writing in a certain manner, in this case because of being in a rush (I conjecture), the result comes out the same. It's creeping in.

'Nuff said?

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com