RE: Funny Tech Writing

Subject: RE: Funny Tech Writing
From: "Nancy Kaminski" <nancy -dot- kaminski -at- spanlink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:32:32 -0500

Marguerite Krupp wrote:

> Even longer ago, in the early 1980s, Data General put out "The INFOS
> Storybook," which told the story of how Frank Cotran saved
> the day for his
> clients by showing them how to implement the INFOS database.
> Customers loved it.

Going even further back, I have a small book from about 1958 called
"Nothing Rolls Like a Ball," a sort of Ball Bearings 101. It's printed
and bound, but it looks like it's written by hand, including sketches of
ball bearings, well-endowed women, martini glasses, and other totally
non-politically correct embellishments. It was produced by an East Coast
ball bearing manufacturer for their customers. I found this among my
father's books---he was a mechanical engineer specializing in ball
bearings, and bought bearings from this company.

It's a very good tutorial in ball bearings, and includes a lot of
humorous asides (as well as instructions to take a break and grab a
martini to reflect on what you've learned!).

Nancy Kaminski
nancykam -at- attbi -dot- com

FrameMaker-to-PDF TimeSavers Assistants let you enhance & automate navigation
in PDF doc sets (chapter tabs, next/prev chapter/pg, bookmarks, popup menus);
create interactive PDF forms, rollover popups; presentations: http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com