RE: Funny Tech Writing

Subject: RE: Funny Tech Writing
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:35:50 -0400

Politically incorrect question:

About that Timex Helix watch manual...
Why don't we think the writer could have been
a woman? (I know that that thought never crossed
my mind.) What is it about that manual that has
a "guy" sound to it, even though there are lots
of women in the various sports that are referenced?

I think it's something in the flavor of the humor
itself, and not necessarily in other aspects of
the writing.

/kevin

PS: The reason that he/she/it suggests that you not
use the altimeter function for skydiving or
flying aircraft, is that it doesn't update
quickly enough. In freefall, altimeter lag is
considered a ba-a-aad thing.

^^^

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com