RE: University degree

Subject: RE: University degree
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:08:17 -0500

Some companies' HR departments require some sort of degree, but generally a B.A. will suffice. My current job (officially) requires "an English language related Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and training." I am currently working towards my M.A., but the main reason I'm doing that is because my employer has a very good tuition reimbursement plan (they actually pay up front) and there is a tech comm M.A. program 30 miles away. One of my undergrad professors said that Halliburton requires an M.A., but I've not seen any others when I was looking for work (caveat: I've been at this job 2 years on 9/11 so I haven't been reading the job ads for a long time).