OT: the GMATs - how bad are they?

Subject: OT: the GMATs - how bad are they?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:46:52 -0600

This being a diverse list, I thought I'd poll you folks on this issue.

I'm considering going back to school for an MBA, to add a little
"legitimacy" to my rather quirky resume. One of the initial hurdles is the
legendary set of GMAT tests, which guard the door of the Admissions
department of every graduate business school.

To anybody who's taken these tests, my question is: How bad are they?

I typically "test well," and got high scores on my SAT and ACT in high
school (back when Coolidge was president). I've taken a bunch of sample
test questions I found on the Web, and they weren't too bad, but I don't
know how representative they really are of the real thing.

Any MBAs out there? Any GMAT war stories?

Please respond offlist. And please note, I would NOT be doing this just to
increase my marketability as a tech writer, so please don't send me a
bunch of "you should study <insert favorite technology here> instead" messages.

Thanks!

-Keith Cronin
Bachelor of Music in Percussion Performance, Indiana University

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com