Re: Job hunting in Canada

Subject: Re: Job hunting in Canada
From: "Andy Kubrin" <kubrin -at- attbi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:31:29 -0700

Hi, all,

Thanks for your posts. Many of you asked where I would like to move in Canada. I'm primarily interested in Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montréal, but I'd also consider opportunities elsewhere.

I'm already keeping my eye on STC resources, such as stc.org, the Canadian chapters, and the Canadian Issues SIG. I've also discovered workopolis.com. Is there anything else you'd recommend?

I've also found it difficult to get interviews when I'm applying from out of town, let alone out of the country. Does anyone have any tips on overcoming the disadvantage of distance?

Thanks again.

Andy Kubrin
kubrin -at- attbi -dot- com