RE: Process Documentation

Subject: RE: Process Documentation
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:10:43 -0700

Lorraine,

Think of a process as a human readable program :)

Step 1 bug finder initiaties the process: fills out a bug report. (You have to design the interface/form)
Step 2 input is verified: your QA person evaluates the form for completion and validity.
Step 3 valid input is processsed: QA person evaluates problem and places it in a priority queue (to do list)
Step 4 problem assigned to solver: The boss assigns it to someone to fix
Step 5 solver fixes bug
Step 6 solver informs boss, QA, and bug finder that bug is fixed (feed back)
Step 7 QA and/or bug finder test and verify bug fixed (testing)
Step 8 QA, boss, or bug finder <management decision here> sign off bugfix as complete, delete from queue

This process has some loops and decision points which should be obvious to the casual observer :)

HTH

John Gilger
Senior Technical Writer
Acres Gaming, Inc.