RE: Role of Technical Writer in IT

Subject: RE: Role of Technical Writer in IT
From: Maggie Pierce Secara <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 13:24:05 -0700 (PDT)

I'm still kind of surprised that you say you're the
lone writer in IT but IT doesn't use you. Didn't they
hire you? And just out of curiosity, who is "we"?

Just curious,

Maggie Secara

> I am currently the lone writer in the IT division of
> a book/entertainment
> retail organization. We are reassessing the role of
> a technical writer in
> IT. IT does not utilize or request use of my
> services for reasons not known
> to us. We can guess they think I am busy working on
> other projects or just
> do not understand how they can take advantage of my
> services.

http://finance.yahoo.com

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com