Re: Knowledge Management

Subject: Re: Knowledge Management
From: "Brad Jensen" <brad -at- elstore -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:18:29 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kim Roper" <kim -dot- roper -at- vitana -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 10:05 AM

> Brad Jensen wrote:
>
> > Those who can, do. Those who can't teach.
>
> ... become guidance counsellors. Every now and again, those
pesky commas
> are useful :>

Actually there was a null character in there, signifying to empty
your mind before continuing on to the next word.

> Not everyone can do or teach. And frankly, when I'm in the
market for
> professional advice, I generally look for someone with *more*
experience,
> not less.

Yeah, and he came here instead of doing that.

> Maybe that's just me. Granted, I've also noticed that
experience
> can also teach one to be a better con artist, and provide more
opportunities
> to do it.
>
> Sláinte ... Kim

I had the impression that this was an assignment for the
requester, not something where he went out to develop instant
expertise because of some great desire to be an expert.

I guess the advice here is to go back and tell the boss to shove
it.

Often that is great advice to give, but not often appreciated as
it should be on the receiving end.

Brad Jensen

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com