RE: terminology help

Subject: RE: terminology help
From: Rosemary J Horner <rhorner -at- quellos -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:03:48 -0700

Good point, John, thank you. Some of the users are reasonably technical, a
few have been using some version of this app for years; they probably don't
have any issues. But we're growing really fast, and not everybody has or
takes the time to explain this stuff to their new hires. The pool of
advanced users is being diluted and the general feedback our team has
received is that this is a difficult concept.

Part of the problem may be that some of the _types_ of relationships you can
define (this is required) don't necessarily match the parent/child model.
For example: you can set up a client/vendor relationship from either party's
record, and whichever one you start with will be called the parent.

In some cases you'd think it would matter, though: if you have two people
who are each other's primary insurance beneficary, you would set up two
relationships--in each case the beneficiary would be the ... ah, here's
where _I_ get lost, I guess. I don't know if it matters whether the
beneficiary is the parent or the child. Argh.

Guess I'll be doing more research....

Thanks!