RE: Career Upgrade

Subject: RE: Career Upgrade
From: Guy McDonald <gmcdonald -at- webmail -dot- tiainfo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:58:49 -0500

John Posada wrote ...

> Why do you believe that changing the field you are writing about is going
cure your boredom. I write for the software industry and on some gigs, I'm
bored to tears, and others, I almost vibrate in anticipation of getting to
work that day.

And what is boring to one person may be great for another. I enjoy writing
design specs here at my job. I absolutely hate writing end-user
documentation. I also enjoy large projects with multiple writers but hate
the typical meetings that go hand in hand with such efforts.

Somehow this seems true in any job. There are days where we are in
grunt-work mode and others where we are actually learning something new
while we work. My hat is off to the lady who posted this message and has a
desire to grow professionally. Unfortunately, as one writer correctly
pointed out, the software industry took a downturn about 6 - 8 months ago.
Fortunately though, our busy beavers in Redmond will reinvent the wheel
again and convince the world they cannot live without the next wave of
software invention.

Guy McDonald
Information Development Manager
Technical Information Architects, Inc.