RE: Technical Documentation solutions?

Subject: RE: Technical Documentation solutions?
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:06:16 -0400

Ed, and others,

At the Nashville 49th STC Conference, Jim Thomas gave a presentation called
something like "Using Access to Track Single-Sourcing Files." From Ed's most
recently arrived posting, it seems like this might be along the lines of
what you're looking for. [Bottom line: it's doable, but trickier than you
might think.] It's accessible from the site www.stc.org, then choose
Conferences from one of the drop down menus at the top. Sorry, but I didn't
note the exact one. Anyway, Jim seemed quite willing to discuss things via
email.

If the project in question is more formalized, I'd recommend Ann Rockley's
forthcoming book on content management. Won't be out until October, which
may be too late, but she's posted a sample chapter on the FrameUsers site,
so you could get there through the archives at www.frameusers.com.

BTW, Ed, I did enjoy your most helpful postings, prior to the conference,
about Nashville. Many thanks.

Marguerite

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com