RE: Technical Documentation solutions?

Subject: RE: Technical Documentation solutions?
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:03:21 -0700 (PDT)

UPS management must be fairly lenient with contract
assignments, as I've never consulted or worked for a
company who would take a hyperlinked document as a
prototype or proof of concept for a system like the
one you're investigating. Especially if the contract
is a quick 6-month one at that. This seriously reminds
me of a Dilbert where they contract some work out to
Elbonia and two Elbonians take turns between being the
developer and the computer (IOW wear a box on his
head).

But, it does sound like a spiffy project you got going
on there. It'll certainly look good on the resume. I'm
just not sold on the idea that this will be complete
or in any workable form within 6 months time. Then
again, I don't have to be sold on it, do I?

--- "Manley Clifford (GFD1CEM)" <GFD1CEM -at- ups -dot- com>
wrote:
> Based on some admittedly fuzzy ideas and with your
> comments in mind I just
> presented my case to my upper managenment and got go
> ahead to spend three
> week building a prototype. I am going to do a
> prototype using a drawing in
> Visio, with each object on the drawing hyperlinked
> to its supporting
> level(s) of documentation, then publish that drawing
> on a web browser as a
> clickable image map.
>
> That should suffice as a visual representation of
> this modular,
> single-sourced dynamic documentation paradigm I am
> working toward.

http://finance.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com