Techwriting history

Subject: Techwriting history
From: "Martin Page" <mpage -at- csl -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:58:42 +0100

Here's a chilling example of techwriting from the 1940s - excerpts from the
official Kamikaze manual:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,778587,00.html
(link will probably expire within a few days)

Some techwriting tie ins:

-Ammunition for advocating the importance of documentation: "Even Kamikaze
pilots needed manuals!"

-The "Do I have to know the material debate"?: This is an effective manual
created by somebody who neither carried out the complete procedure, nor had
access to SMEs with experience of it (for obvious reasons).

Kind of puts things in perspective

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com