Re: How often is your resume read on job boards?

Subject: Re: How often is your resume read on job boards?
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 19:45:35 +0000

How many times per week does your resume get viewed on each job board, and how many contacts do you get per week on each job board?

On monster.com, I would have about 30 hits the first day after I revised my resume. (Often just changing a single word would start the hits rolling again).

Over the last 10 weeks, I had about 15 contacts and 5 interviews due to a combination of monster.com and dice.com. I accepted an offer last Wednesday (and kind of started today, except I don't have access to the company intranet and email yet). On Thursday and Friday, I had 3 more contacts and offers for interviews.

When it rains it pours.

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html
Oregon State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/oregon.html