Re: Large help projects and version control software

Subject: Re: Large help projects and version control software
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:24:33 -0700

Jon Konrath wrote:

This isn't true with CVS; it doesn't support a lock system.

Not quite true. The default mode is a merging model, but you can use a lock system with CVS if you use the -L and -l options to the admin command.

"I never had a chance to prove them wrong,
My time was short, the story long,
No, I never had a chance to prove them wrong,
It's always them that write the song."
-OysterBand, "Oxford Girl"