RE: How often is your resume read on job boards?

Subject: RE: How often is your resume read on job boards?
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:06:53 -0400

My results would not be valid since the counter is reset every time you
edit/activate your online resume, and since it gets sent out to agencies
every time it is revised and activated, I did it almost every week.

If you want to know how well you are marketing yourself, how often do you
get contacted with the opening line.."I saw your resume on XXX and I'd like
to know if you are available..."

I don't care how many hits the counter says...if you get no calls, you
aren't marketing yourself effectively...if you get 5 hits and 5 calls, you
are marketing yourself very well.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
jposada -at- book -dot- com