RE: "cleaning" a Word style?

Subject: RE: "cleaning" a Word style?
From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 21:04:19 +0100

> >I'm looking for a quick way to wipe them, on a per-style basis. Those
> >familiar with the multi-level maze you must go through to change all the
> >attributes of a complex style know how time consuming it is. I'm
> >hoping/wishing for a shortcut.
> >
> >Ideas?
>
> I don't think there's a simple way to do that. The easiest way I
> can think
> of is to create a new document that has the style name(s) you want,
> pre-cleaned because it's brand new, and copy your existing text into that
> document.

Beth, you *nearly* have the solution there, but it can be refined quite a
bit more. Try this.

1. Create a new document.
2. Define the style the way you want it.
3. In the Format Style dialog, click on the Organizer button
4. In the Organizer dialog, open the original document on the right-hand
side.
5. Copy the newly defined style to the original document.
6. Close the Organizer dialog

Regards
Jonathan West

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l