Re: MOVIE REVIEW: K19: The Widowmaker

Subject: Re: MOVIE REVIEW: K19: The Widowmaker
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:25:21 -0500

What was the movie with Kurt Russell and Haille Berry where Kurt lands a jumbo jet (when he's had lessons flying a private plane, but has yet to fly solo?), and she's frantically going through the manuals looking for directions while he tries to figure out how to land the plane?

Jo Byrd

Allen Schaaf wrote:

At 01:21 PM 8/15/02, Matthew Nankin wrote:

MOVIE REVIEW: K19: The Widowmaker by Matthew Nankin

[snip]

...we can only hope that people who view this epic will take away an important lesson about the disastrous consequences that can result from documentation that is both incomplete and misused.

Matthew,

At the risk of letting down our side, relax and tell yourself, "It is only a movie, it is only a movie...." Or was it really so bad that you needed something to keep your brain cells from atrophying?

I know, having once been a part of the land of smoke and mirrors, that there is not much reality in films, but I am afraid your description of how manuals are viewed out in real world is probably closer to the truth than any of us dare admit for fear of destroying our already low morale over the respect we get on the job.

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com