RE: Do I have to understand the material?

Subject: RE: Do I have to understand the material?
From: "Suzanne Chiles" <suzchiles -at- pobox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:01:10 -0700

I think it's important to differentiate between contract writers and staff
writers when you consider how much expertise a writer should have.

Obviously, contractors are often expected to jump in and begin writing
immediately. Certain types of situations may require that the writer have
some industry experience and knowledge for the product. On the other hand,
staff writers are often hired with the understanding that they will need to
be trained on the product lines for their company. Staff writers are often
evaluated on a much different basis than contractors. Are they a good fit
with the rest of the team? Do they have a demonstrated ability to learn new
products and technology? In addition to their writing skills, do they bring
other attributes, such as editing, web design, font fondling, or project
management skills?

just my 2 cents,
Suzanne

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l