RE: Longest thread ever?

Subject: RE: Longest thread ever?
From: "Domaschuk, Rob" <Robd -at- datalogics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:35:03 -0500

Keith asked (trolling for flames):

> What's the longest thread ever?

John replied (thereby threatening to re-start these threads):

> Word v. Frame ... closely followed by techie
> v. newbie.

John, these are both good, but I gotta rank 'em #2 and #3. For my money, the
ol' Tools vs. Skills "discussion" gets my vote.

Before I continue, I need to take a break to put on my flame retardent
suit.....

...okay I am back.

Of course, I do believe that it's more like a river - each of these topics
swirl and flow into each other. There is no real stopping and starting point
to each topic. One moment (okay, one *week*) we'll be calmly discussing the
virtues of Frame over Weird, then we evolve into another professional
tete-a-tete into how WHICHEVER tool we use is unimportant since the *skill*
is more important. Once we've all come to agreement and there is no
dissention, we further evolve the topic into a rational conversation about
how the Newbies have no idea what they are talking about, since every single
new person to tech writing got laid off from their high paying careers and
decided to take this up to make a fast buck.

Yup, there you have it - Rob's thesis on the TechWhirler's SDLC (Stupid
Discussion Life Cycle).

<Note for the humor-impaired - this was tongue in cheek>

Aw nuts! I forgot to add the section where we complain about specific list
members.

Rob Domaschuk | 312.853.8337 - t
Technical Writer | 630.430.4162 - m
Datalogics inc. | 719.623.7431 - f

"A man is not old until regrets take the
place of dreams."
- John Barrymore

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com