Re: I'm taking my marbles and going home...

Subject: Re: I'm taking my marbles and going home...
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:05:02 -0600

Goober wrote:

>$20/hr, minus health, minus dental, minus life
>insurance, minus equipment costs, minus taxes...

>Yeah, I could feed my family on that. *rofl*

I have. For many years. Sure, I *prefer* making more money than that, but
I've lived far below that income level. 40K, even for the self-employed,
is NOT poverty, believe me.

I get the impression that many people posting here have never lived
through any financial hard times. I'm glad for you, but wonder if you lack
some perspective.

Dori's post today is an inspiring wakeup call in that regard...

Keith Cronin

Tech writing: Dragging starving writers up into the middle classes and
beyond.

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com