RE: I'm taking my marbles and going home...

Subject: RE: I'm taking my marbles and going home...
From: "Suzanne Chiles" <suzchiles -at- pobox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:06:23 -0700

> With the large number of job seekers in the market now, places like
> Monster.com aren't going to help you. I see Monster.com like using
> Microsoft Word's Resume Wizard: everyone looks the same once you
> run through
> it. Consider how Monster.com's databases must be swelling with folks
> seeking jobs these days. Do you really want to hang out there, one name
> among thousands or tens of thousands?

I just landed a great contract because I placed my resume on Monster.com.

I never considered it to be an important tool in my job-finding toolbox, but
I figured, what the heck, it can't hurt.

IMHO, if you're looking for work, you should try as much and try as hard as
you can. It takes no time at all to put yourself up on Monster and FlipDog
and it can bring results.

Suzanne

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com