Re: Problems w/ Distiller 5.0 Settings

Subject: Re: Problems w/ Distiller 5.0 Settings
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:58:34 -0400

Julie,

<irony>This is another example of Acrobat's _wonderful_ user interface and _superb_ documentation.</irony>

You are doing the intuitive thing but not the right thing on that tab.

What you want to do is this:

1. Settings > Font Locations (Ctrl+L)
Add all of your font directories on this dialog

2. Settings > Job Options > Fonts tab (the tab you
are asking about)

3. Select a font set (could be base 14 or one of
your other folders)

4. In the list of fonts from that folder, select
one or more fonts that you want to embed.

5. Click the double arrow button to move the fonts
to the Always Embed list or to the Never Embed
list, as needed.

6. Repeat steps 3-5 as needed.

I hope I've made this clearer for you than Adobe did ;-)

Dick

"Julie Welander" <jwelander123 -at- msn -dot- com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm having problems changing my font settings in Distiller 5.0. When I
>go to Job Options/Fonts, I select the font location in the Embedding
>field (default is Base 14 fonts). If I then click OK or go to another
>tab within Job Options, and then go back to the Fonts tab, the font
>location in the Embedding field reverts back to Base 14 Fonts! My
>manager is having the same problem in 4.0. Any suggestions?

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com