Re: Tools for Illustrations and Screen Capture

Subject: Re: Tools for Illustrations and Screen Capture
From: "Oleg Afonin" <techwr-l -at- sukhodolin -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:19:09 +0700

Hello,

SJ> The company for which I am working at present is
SJ> mainly into the production of User Manuals. We are
SJ> curently using the following tools:

SJ> Corel Draw : For Illustrations in Manuals

SJ> SnagIt: For screen capture/screenshots.

SJ> Are there any other tools that are easier to use,
SJ> effective, and more powerful which I can use for the
SJ> above-mentioned purposes?

We are using animated tutorials to better illustrate what our programs do.
You can't imagine how many of our users have asked us about what to do to
enter their registration code (hey, it IS simple and written everywhere we
expect them to look - just go to god damn Help - About and you'll see it
there!)

So we decided to get something simpler than text explanations like "go here,
press there". We've got animated tutorials showing them exactly the actions
they have to do.

It works real simple: all they have to do is click a link and watch video.
Here's an example: http://www.voicecallcentral.com/demo.htm

We ordered our tutorials from www.DemoForge.com, paid $30 for the first clip
and $10 for each subsequent one (except the really long and complex last
demo that was a bit more expensive). The clips are small, simple, and we
will embed them to the help system for our products (in that case the users
won't even have to worry about the 90 KB ActiveX download).

--
Sincerely,
Oleg Afonin

www.voicecallcentral.com