Re: FWD: Marcom writing samples

Subject: Re: FWD: Marcom writing samples
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 18:21:48 -0400

Bruce Byfield wrote:

> You can find all sorts of samples on company web sites, usually in PDF
> format.Look at a few that you like, and analyze the design and writing
> styles with the goal of figuring out what appeals to you. Analyze three
> or four of each type of marcom writing (for example,news releases,
> newsletters, and product sheets), and you'll soon get a sense of the
> prevailing standards.After this analysis, you should be able to run up a
> one or two page sample without much difficulty.

Bruce's suggestion is an excellent one. However, I have one
modification. I would analyze them to understand the content points and
adopt the style that I I am most comfortable with.
--
Peter

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity,"
- Einstein-

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com