RE: Pleasing a Manager

Subject: RE: Pleasing a Manager
From: "Doc Writer" <doc_writer -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 18:24:09 +0000

Thanks Sean and Suraj; I certainly am open to his suggestions. I'm just frustrated because of the lack of respect in his voice at times. I've been told by others that he speaks very highly of me when I'm not present.

Everyone agrees that he is very difficult to deal with. He's our VP, so will be around when I'm long gone. Like he, though, I care about the health of our company and feel that some of his decisions hold us back. I nor anyone else tells him this fact. They're afraid of the reprecutions. I would go to the CEO, but unfortunately, the ties are tight (golfing buddy thing).

I'm the documentation manager and am tryig to be productive as well as a good manager to my employees. It's a dificult place to be in the middle, but everyone is "on edge". It's the times, I suppose.

Thanks again, Sean and Suraj for your replies.

and more from the TECHWR-L Store. All proceeds support TECHWR-L. http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/store.aspx?storeid=techwhirl

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l