RE: Including Notification emails in documentation

Subject: RE: Including Notification emails in documentation
From: Matthew Horn <mhorn -at- macromedia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:06:32 -0400

Wade,

Are they printed manuals or are they online help? If they are printed, then you have to weigh cost versus usefulness. If they are online, and there's room on the CD (or in the download), then I say include them...maybe in a table with pointers to additional information about the messages.

You'd be surprised how "informational" messages can cause users to think something is wrong. What often happens is that these types of messages are often written by developers and not reviewed by anyone. It might be helpful if you were able to add info that explains what the messages REALLY mean.

Matthew Horn
Sr. Technical Writer
< m a c r o m e d i a >