RE: About proprietary writing samples

Subject: RE: About proprietary writing samples
From: "LeVie, Donald S" <donald -dot- s -dot- levie -at- intel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 06:02:25 -0700

I've rarely had to ask permission to use proprietary information to use as a
writing sample, but for the one or two times I did, I made sure I used
non-consecutive pages in the 5- or 6-page sample. Anything larger than that
defeats the purpose of a "sample" and increases the possibility your
permission request will be denied. People want to make a quick assessment of
the type of work you've done; they don't want to copyedit it. My sample
portfolio is always tailored to address the specifics of the job for which
I'm interviewing.

Donn Le Vie, Jr.
Technical Publications Project Manager
Technical Communications Council Manager
Personal Client Architecture Components Group
Intel Corporation

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com