Re: Fw: Why do we put so many warnings in our manuals?

Subject: Re: Fw: Why do we put so many warnings in our manuals?
From: Janice Gelb <janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 10:45:59 -0700

letoured -at- together -dot- net wrote:

>>> letoured -at- together -dot- net wrote:
>>>
>>> Actually this is a fallacy too. Bogus lawsuits do not go through >>> the courts.
>>> If they have no merit, they are thrown out before they ever reach >>> trial.
>
>> Bill Buckheit <kcbillb2 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com> said:
>>
>>I suppose that depends on who is defining what a "bogus lawsuit" is.
>
> No it doesn't. If there is no merit to the case, a judge does not
> have to allow the case to go forward.

You missed Bill's point. You're talking about legal
definitions of a case with no merit, as opposed to
perhaps what the average person might consider to
be a legitimate lawsuit, which is probably what
Syed meant.

Janice Gelb | Just speaking for me, not Sun.
janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | http://www.smofbabe.net/

"The legal system prevents us from killing each other. The
etiquette system prevents us from driving each other crazy."
-- Miss Manners

and more from the TECHWR-L Store. All proceeds support TECHWR-L. http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/store.aspx?storeid=techwhirl

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l