Re: FWD: About proprietary writing samples

Subject: Re: FWD: About proprietary writing samples
From: letoured -at- together -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 14:19:09 -0400

In <Pine -dot- LNX -dot- 4 -dot- 33L2 -dot- 0208011054120 -dot- 6399-100000 -at- sulley -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, on 08/01/02

at 10:55 AM, Anonymous <anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com> said:

>I am putting together a writing portfolio for some upcoming interviews;
>however, I have been informed that many of the samples are proprietary, and
>cannot be shared with other companies.

This is an old argument and its all bull. -- Everyone knows that technical
writers work on proprietary materials, and that they are expected to bring
writing samples to interviews. Everyone silently accepts the reality. Just
tell the interviewer the materials are YOUR interview samples and company
proprietary, and he cannot keep them, but may look for as long as he wants
while you are there.

And if someone doesn't want to hire because of that -- then you don't want to
work for them anyway. -- In that case, ask them where to sent the invoice for
your interview expenses.

letoured -at- together -dot- net

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com