CorelDRAW /WordArt conversion

Subject: CorelDRAW /WordArt conversion
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 11:33:44 +0100

Last year I designed a couple of graphics using CorelDRAW 9, and a bunch of
developers were still using WordArt. Not long after all of us who do
graphics design agreed that we'd all use Visio. Now I'm trying to get all
the graphics for all the manuals into the same format. Some of the WordArt
graphics look as if they were designed in-document - they're not GIF files,
which is another thing I'm working on.

(My aim is to have all graphics in all technical documentation inserted as
GIF files with the original in editable format with a
systematic/recognisable file name saved in a separate graphics directory.
Needless to say all the graphics I control are inserted and saved exactly
like that, but there's a bunch of old graphics that were named without any
system and developed with the handiest graphics tool, and also it would be
easier to get developers - who do some graphics - to work to standard if it
was clear that ALL graphics are to that standard.)

My question is: Is there any way to convert CorelDRAW or WordART files to
Visio files? (I tried opening in Visio, and that doesn't work - I get one
massive graphic that seems to include the background, too.)

Secondary question: is there any way to convert GIF files to an editable
format?

Jane Carnall
"They are prisoners of their own dreams and illusions, as we were 30 years
ago. If the issue is between our and their illusions, we will never resolve
the conflict."
Unless stated otherwise, these opinions are mine, and mine alone. Apologies
for the long additional sig: it is added automatically and outwith my
control.

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com