RE: About proprietary writing samples

Subject: RE: About proprietary writing samples
From: "Foster, Willow" <WFoster -at- friedmancorp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:01:27 -0500

~> From: letoured -at- together -dot- net [mailto:letoured -at- together -dot- net]
~> In <IBEGKJOOJHDEMLIEEPLAGEMNCKAA -dot- edmanley -at- bellsouth -dot- net>, on
~> 08/01/02 at 04:08 PM, "Ed Manley" <edmanley -at- bellsouth -dot- net> said:
~> >I simply cannot understand so many writers wanting to reuse
~> >proprietary documents. You are WRITERS - WRITE SOMETHING!
~> >End of rant
~> >Ed
~>
~> Because sometimes writers actually have to know something -- and the
~> interviewing employer wants to see what you actually did
~> over at GM or GE or Delta, because it is that experience they
~> are hiring you for!

If I was interviewing for a job looking for experience in a particular field
(in my case manufacturing) and did not have permission to use a sample, I
would still be able to use my general knowledge to produce something decent.
I agree with Ed.

Willow

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com