Re: What comes after the company name?

Subject: Re: What comes after the company name?
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:25:48 -0400

At 7:35 AM -0600 8/1/02, kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:

I've been *resoundingly* informed offlist that Fortinbras is a
Shakespearean name. Sorry, must have skipped school that day/week/year.
Damn public school system...

Gotta go, I'm late for the tractor pull!

Keith "where's my Cliffs Notes when I need them?" Cronin

Shakespeare? Tsk, tsk. Surely that's irrelevant. Character names,
unless they are trademarks like Dirk Pitt(TM), are treated like book
titles---not copyrightable.

If your company can be identified with the major elements of
Fortinbras' character, then go ahead and call your company
Fortinbras Associates. Those who don't recognize the name
won't care. Those who DO recognize the name will
immediately know that you and your associates are young,
ambitious, and insanely obsessed with revenge.

It's called 'marketing' <grin>.

--
Kat Nagel
Owner, MasterWork Consulting Services

1986 SCORE focus group reactions to company name:
Has superior skills
Creates superbly-crafted products
Passes on skills to journeymen and apprentices