Re: Career path

Subject: Re: Career path
From: Tuples -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:29:28 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/02 5:15:44 PM Mountain Standard Time,
Cindy -dot- Kight -at- Gilbarco -dot- com writes:

> And it's a whole different world. My corporate office talked to me a few
> years ago about working with the group that documents our gasoline pumps
> (yep, the kind at your neighborhood gas station). Definitely a little dry
> for me. Though they do an excellent job and have won a variety of awards.
> Nice folks, too.

Why is it a different world? I think it would be fun to do. I have restored a
few from the Essco Chain and they are cool. Slot machines, penny drops and
motorcycles.

All of these products need documentation -- especially for museums and those
who restore such devices, publishers and manufacturers.

My point is that computers and the net are a fraction of the total possible
type of products a good writer can work on. Want a good market source? Try
the Thomas Register of American Manufacturers. Tens of thousands of
manufacturers who need technical writers and loads of opportunities out there.

Bob