RE: Include error messages?

Subject: RE: Include error messages?
From: "Stuart Rogers" <srogers -at- phoenix-geophysics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:59:10 -0400

I quite agree. I keep telling my developers: write Solution messages,
not Error messages. Don't tell the user there's a problem and send him
off into another application (which Help is) or searching for manuals or
CD's -- tell the user how to fix the problem right then and there.

my $.02

Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator
Phoenix Geophysics Limited
Toronto, ON, Canada
+1 (416) 491-7340 x 325

mailto:srogers -at- phoenix-geophysics -dot- com

Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical Writers explain How to Work the Product.