RE: Fw: Why do we put so many warnings in our manuals?

Subject: RE: Fw: Why do we put so many warnings in our manuals?
From: "Domaschuk, Rob" <Robd -at- datalogics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:14:37 -0500

Keith rants:

> FORCED to sue?!??!?
<snip>
> Nobody's FORCING me to do anything about it.
>
> You want protection, buy insurance.

Total agreement!!

Personally, I am all for getting rid of safety regulations and letting
natural selection take over again. If you want to skateboard down an
interstate, more power to you! If you are planning on re-wiring the
electrical service to your house and don't know what you are doing, then you
have a choice: a) ask someone for help (because you don't know what you are
doing) or b) merrily cut into live wires while standing in a pool of murky
water. Your choice... Your consequence. You shouldn't sue the electrical
company for running a deadly service into your home.

But that's just me agreeing with what Keith wrote.

Rob Domaschuk | 312.853.8337 - t
Technical Writer | 630.430.4162 - m
Datalogics inc. | 719.623.7431 - f

"A man is not old until regrets take the
place of dreams."
- John Barrymore